The Type of Personal Data PHM May Collect
PHM may collect and use the following types of personal data, without limitation:
- Contact details (including names, postal addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers);
- Payment information if you make a donation to PHM;
- Information required for PHM to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- Information provided in the course of the provision of its services;
- Technical information about interactions with our Site, such as your IP address; and
- Any other information you may provide to PHM.
How PHM Collects Personal Data
PHM may collect your personal data from the following sources:
- Information provided by you in writing, in person, by telephone, electronically (including via the Site), or by any other means;
- Publicly available sources, such as the website of the organization you are working for;
- Interactions with social media and use of other websites that display our advertisements, if any;
- Third-party vendors who may analyze the use of the Site; and/or
- Our IT systems.
How PHM Uses Personal Data
PHM may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To facilitate the provision of our services to you, such as administering and informing our program strategies and charitable activities;
- To inform you about mental-health news developments, services that may be of interest to you, and/or upcoming events in your area;
- To request monetary donations to PHM (you have the right to opt-out of receiving such future communications with each solicitation);
- To operate and improve our Site, such as resolving technical issues, supporting security, analyzing user trends, detecting fraud or other types of abuse, and gathering broad demographic information for aggregate use;
- To comply with its legal obligations; and/or
- To otherwise pursue the legitimate interests of PHM relating to our organization.
Where required under applicable law, PHM is able to legally collect and use your personal data because:
- You have consented to its doing so;
- Collecting and using your personal data is necessary to fulfill legitimate business interests, which may include (i) fulfilling contractual obligations or otherwise performing services for you; (ii) maintaining, protecting, and improving our business, including the operation of the Site; or (iii) investigating, defending against, or prosecuting any actual, threatened, or potential claim in a court of law or other judicial or regulatory forum or otherwise protecting our legal rights; and/or
- It is necessary to comply with any applicable regulatory, judicial, or other legal obligation.
Withdrawal of Your Consent
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you have the right to withdraw consent to PHM’s collection and use of your personal data at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your withdrawal of consent will not be retroactive, and PHM may be legally required to retain some or all of your personal data notwithstanding your withdrawal of consent.
With Whom PHM Shares Personal Data
PHM may share your personal data with:
- PHM affiliates and entities;
- Service providers we use to help deliver our services to you; and/or
- Other third parties we use to help run our organization, such as website hosts.
These parties may have access to your personal data but are permitted to use the information solely to provide the specific service or as otherwise permitted by law.
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”) or the European Economic Area (“EEA”), PHM will ensure appropriate safeguards are in place as required by applicable law to adequately protect your personal data if it is processed by third parties outside the EU and EEA, including the execution of standard contractual clauses if the recipients are not located in a country with adequate data protection laws (as determined by the European Commission).
Third-Party Offers and Advertising
PHM allows other companies, such as its marketing partners and affiliated companies, to offer their products and services to you, to register you on their websites, or to communicate with you about their products and services at a future date, through PHM’s Site or by email. Whether or not you decide to participate in such an offer is up to you.
PHM may use your personal data to provide you with advertisements that are targeted to your specific needs and interests. These advertisements link directly to third-party websites. PHM has no control over the content or privacy policies of such websites, and therefore PHM encourages you to review such content and policies prior to submitting any personal data to them. PHM shares certain aggregate information, such as demographic information and the number of times users have viewed an advertisement, with third-party advertisers.
PHM may allow certain companies to display advertisements on this Site. Some of these ad networks may place a cookie on your computer. Doing this allows such advertisers to recognize your computer each time it sends you an online advertisement. In this way, ad networks may compile information about where you, or others who are using your computer, saw its advertisements and determine which ads are clicked on. This information allows an ad network to deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you. PHM may share certain non-personally identifiable information about you, such as your gender, age, or zip code, with ad networks to help them deliver more relevant advertisements through their ad networks. PHM does not have access to or control over the cookies that may be placed by these parties on your computer and has no control over these parties’ privacy policies or information-collection practices.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A “cookie” is a small data file that a website places on your computer when you first connect to the website. First-party cookies are cookies set by the website you are visiting. A website may also use external services that set their own cookies, known as third-party cookies.
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Safari: http://help.apple.com/safari/mac/8.0/#/sfri11471
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/260971/description-of-cookies
PHM may also include web beacons such as Internet tags or pixel tags in promotional email messages in order to determine whether messages have been opened. If you do not wish to receive such beacons, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in every email PHM sends you or by contacting us at email@example.com.
In addition, we may also process other technical information about you, including but not limited to: (1) your IP address, browser type and version, device identifier, location and time zone setting, network and/or service provider, operating system and platform, page response times and download errors; (2) details about your visit, including the websites you visit before and after our Site and the products and services you viewed or searched for; and (3) length of visits to certain pages, interaction with elements on the Site and methods used to browse away from the page.
Browser “Do Not Track” Signals
PHM does not honor “Do Not Track” (also known as “DNT”) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by your web browsers. More information about browser tracking signals and Do Not Track signals can be found at http://allaboutdnt.org.
Retention of Your Information
Protection of Your Information
PHM maintains appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your information and data against loss, misuse, and alteration. PHM uses standard industry practices to help prevent unauthorized use of, access to, or alteration of visitor and user information and hosted data. In addition, PHM restricts access to personal data to those employees who need to know that information in the course of their job responsibilities.
At the same time, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while PHM strives to protect your personal data to the best of its ability, PHM cannot guarantee or warrant the security of information you transmit to our Site or over the Internet.
PHM takes special care to protect the safety of children in accordance to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. While this Site is a general audience website, PHM does not collect or maintain personal data about children under the age of 13.
Rights Individuals May Have in Relation to Their Data
If you are a citizen or resident of the EU or EEA, the following rights may be available to you according to applicable data privacy laws:
Delete Personal Data: You can ask PHM to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide services to you).
Right to Rectification: You also have the right to ask PHM to change, update, or fix your personal data in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate.
Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Personal Data: You can ask PHM to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if PHM has no legal right to keep using it) or to limit PHM’s use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask PHM for a copy of your personal data and can ask for a copy of personal data you provided in machine-readable form.
To make any requests as listed above, to the extent permitted by applicable law, please contact PHM by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. PHM will respond to any requests relating to your rights above within one month of receipt of your request, or within three months of receipt of your request where the request is more complex.
Making a Complaint
If you would like to make a complaint about the way PHM has collected, used, or retained your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are a citizen or resident of the EU or EEA, then you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the EU Member State of your habitual residence or place of work or in the place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you carried out by PHM or its service providers infringes applicable data privacy laws.
Notice to California Residents
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California residents are entitled to the following specific consumer rights information:
The provider of the Site is Project Healthy Minds Corporation, P.O. Box 1221, New York, NY. 10018, 212-696-6000.
To file a complaint regarding the Site or to receive further information regarding use of the Site, send a letter to the above address or contact PHM via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(with “California Resident Request” as the subject line). You may also contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834 or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.